Saturday, December 5, 2009

ebay gold



I just sold a record on eBay I paid fifty cents for at a garage sale this summer in Oakland. The winning bidder (Ken, from Canada) paid $644 (+ S&H) for the 45. That's an astounding $92 per inch of vinyl and a tidy %1288 profit. I 'spect a lot of you might like to hear what a single that valuable sounds like, so here's the goes (right-click "save as"):

Phil DeMarco & The Valiants - Lonely Guy MP3

Phil DeMarco & The Valiants - Be On Your Way MP3

Now, I know what you're thinking. Really? They sound good, but what makes them worth more than a month's rent? I suppose the relative scarcity, the fact "Lonely Guy" has been included in a few compilations of rare doo-wop, making it a known quantity, and the mania of lonely men with lonely obsessions. Thank god though, it's going to pay for new tires and a whole lot of biodiesel.

No comments:

Post a Comment