Thursday, November 5, 2009

since i left you

You know that song about the Big Rock Candy Mountains? That place kind of exists, somewhere in Mendocino County. I've been there for the last month or so, and let me tell you, California is MAGIC. A coyote ate a pony and it was like the wild wild west with these fifteen foot alien plants, but basically all that statement really means is that I don't understand this state any more than I did before I moved here.

Here's what I do know: I have a lot of scattered thoughts.

First, here's a video I can't help but keep watching even though it makes me sad. Its by someone else who knows a lot more than me about hard living. I mean, guuuhd gawd listen to that voice. I don't particularly care for the opening shots of the junkyards, but they're worth getting through.


It's true what she says. Everything. All of it.

In fact, I've been doing lots of hurting lately; been real self destructive. Maybe its the first step towards getting rich off art. Either way, my next step is moving to New Orleans with my pal Borna, who is well on his way to getting rich off art. I'm not sure if I can talk about it yet, but let's just say someone noticed how brilliant his Best Buy show was... So yeah, I'm heading down South to find records, make stuff and try and shake this feeling.

No comments:

Post a Comment